We are on the lookout for a Quantity Surveyor.
You are a passionate experienced person who thrives on delivering future focused quality projects using the latest technology.
You understand everyone is different and a black and white approach to leadership is ineffective.
You will help foster a liveable and inclusive place where people can come to discover and realise the best possibilities for their business, their projects and themselves. You love exploring ideas and finding a better way.
Personal development and growth is a continual journey, you love improving your skills and self-awareness.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team in our Brisbane. Working across a range of projects, you will:
- Work with an experienced and diverse team
- Receive further training and opportunities for career development
- Undertake cost analysis and clearly communicate results with client, subcontractor’s and other relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with all external parties including clients, subcontractor’s, and consultants
- Undertake cost checks of developing design
- Evaluate and analyse tender returns
- Assist with contract negotiations
- Take responsibility of procurement and cost reporting for assigned projects
- Monthly claims preparation, presentation, negotiation and settlement
- Work with the senior team across multiple projects
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have a Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying, Contract Administration or Construction Management
- Be able to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Confident communicator with clients and stakeholders with strong interpersonal skills
- Have an enthusiasm and passion for the built environment
- A can do attitude that focusses on solutions through innovative thinking
- Experience in Education, Industrial or other commercial related projects
- Chartered Status with RICS or AIQS (or working towards)
- CostX experience
We do not compromise on culture fit. Even if the need is great for the skills or experience, we recruit on culture fit first.
We are unreasonably selective and have extraordinarily high standards.
Wiley is an international company with offices around Australia, NZ and Asia. We are seeking applicants for our Brisbane office. You’ll be part of our integrated project delivery team.
Checkout some of our past projects – https://www.wiley.com.au/projects/
BEFORE APPLYING – Go through our culture – this is a snapshot of who we are. Please consider employment at Wiley only if you feel as strongly about our values and culture as we do. We live, breath and play by our culture everyday.
Our Code#4 is Diversity kicks arse! We seek different backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We also energetically encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our team.